Brain Exercise isn’t just for Seniors.
The aging process takes enough of a toll on the human body without having the mind share the same fate. Nourish your Brain.
Maintain Your Brain:
• Don’t be isolated. Get involved in groups or social organizations and participate in stimulating conversation that strengthens family and friendships.
• Develop physical activities. Walk, ride a bicycle, dance, do aerobic exercises.
• Learn something new. Take a class in something that interests you, read and write every day; learn a second language, learn sign language, learn to play a musical instrument.
• Games are great. Play board games or brain exercising video games; do crossword puzzles or challenging word and number games.
• Stimulate the senses: travel, learn to relax with music, meditate, do yoga and tai chi.
• Feed the brain wisely. Eat more salmon, sardines, herring, walnuts and unsalted nuts; increase your intake of vitamins C and E, and fruits and vegetables; decrease your intake of processed food and fast foods; make it a priority to sit down with others for at least one meal a day.
• Get enough sleep every night.